Taylor Swift Net Worth
Net Worth: $427 Million
Date of Birth: December 13, 1989 (33 years old)
How They Make Money: Singer-songwriter, Guitarist, Musician, Actor
Taylor Swift is a famous American producer, singer, and songwriter with record-breaking sales of over 200 million albums worldwide. With so many accolades under her belt, it’s natural to ask “how much does Taylor Swift make?” Currently, Taylor Swift has an estimated net worth of $427 million however we have a better breakdown of exactly what that looks like.
In this detailed read, we look at Taylor’s roots, career progress, and what she likes to spend her money on.
How Taylor Swift Makes Money
So, how does Taylor Swift make her money? In short, Taylor Swift has amassed massive influence across the globe and sold millions of albums throughout her singing career. But let’s dive more into her earning specifics, such as her releasing music, getting endorsements, and selling merchandise.
Her singing career officially started in 2006 when she was a meager 15 years old. She took over the world by storm when, at a young age, she could write music and sing exceptionally well.
Taylor’s loveable personality, pretty blue eyes, and blond hair could pull the masses, endearing them to her voice so much that they yearned endlessly for more of her music. Her relatable songs about heartbreak and bouncing back have earned her millions of fans locally and internationally. It’s no wonder her coffers continue to bloat.
During one of her numerous gigs performing at a Nashville Café, Taylor Swift, then 15, was discovered and signed by Scott Borchetta’s Big Machine Records. She has since released many songs, most of which go straight to the top billboard charts.
Taylor Swift primarily makes her money by selling albums. However, one cannot ignore how incredibly successful her tours are. Taylor Swift has earned over $150 million through her touring years. In fact, between 2009 and 2018, when Taylor organized her first tours, it is estimated that she made a total of over $943 million. In addition, she has sold over 200 million albums and 150 million singles globally.
Taylor also holds the world record for the highest number of Spotify streams in a single day. Taylor Swift has 79,182,174 monthly listeners from Spotify alone. Assuming she makes $3 for every thousand monthly listeners, she cumulatively makes $237,546.52 per month from Spotify. No doubt, Taylor Swift is not only the most popular pop artist in America but also one of the most successful.
Taylor Swift’s Instagram Earnings
Taylor is active on several social media platforms, but as we focus on her earnings, Instagram tramples the rest.
Taylor has a loyal Instagram following of a staggering 241 million followers. She earns between $418,000 and $698,000 per sponsored Instagram post. It may seem overboard, but considering the massive reach and influence on the platform, every post is likely to attract much attention, which can translate into sales for whichever company is sponsoring Taylor’s Instagram post.
On her page, Taylor posts regularly to keep her followers in the loop and entertained. She posts everything from personal stuff to BTS-behind-the-scenes videos of her performances, photo shoots, or music videos.
Each Instagram Post on Taylor’s page can get between 2 million and 4 million likes. This gives Taylor the power to demand more per sponsored post, depending on which brand she works with, their budget, and the period of her career. Her prices likely increase when she is on tour or has a new hit song.
Besides organizing tours and making music, Taylor Swift earns a good amount of money by collaborating with other companies, individuals, and organizations via endorsements. Taylor has endorsed and partnered with companies like CoverGirl, Target, AirAsia, AT&T, Diet Coke, Sony Electronics, Verizon Wireless, Apple, and Keds throughout her music career.
No one knows what Taylor Makes from working on endorsements with the mentioned companies. But one can only speculate that it’s enough to add significantly to her net worth.
On her tours, Taylor sells her albums and merchandise. In her Incredibly successful 1989 tour, Taylor made $170 million between 2015 and 2016.
Different sources estimate that Taylor earned about $50 million from endorsements between 2016 and 2017. In her recent stadium tour, ‘Reputation,’ Taylor made $266 million in total and 185 million from endorsements only.
On her upcoming tour dubbed Eras, the ticket sales alone could bring in around $591 million. Also, Taylor Swift could make a total of $620 million. This is certain to tweak Taylor’s net worth enough to inch her closer to being a billionaire.
Taylor Swift Official Online Store
Taylor Swift has an Official online store where fans can find her music, concert tickets, apparel, merchandise, and accessories available for purchase. Most of the items are pocket friendly, with thoughtful items like her Album Cover hoodie selling for $60 or Taylor Swift posters for as little as $25.
Most of the accessories, merchandise, and apparel are high-quality items with either Taylor’s picture’s on them or one-liners from her hit songs.
The online store has everything from Hoodies, notebooks, branded water bottles, scarfs, mugs, coasters, and slip mats.
In the music category, Taylor Swift has a selection of digital singles and albums. Her fans can purchase Cassette tapes, CDs, or vinyl records. Each option's price range varies but is considerably affordable for the avid ‘Swiftie’ as Taylor loves to call her loyal followers.
How Does Taylor Swift Spend Her Money?
When other artists prefer to splurge and adorn themselves with tons of jewelry, designer clothing and accessories, Taylor prefers to invest. She has a massive collection of properties and cars which show vividly what she likes to spend her money on.
She owns $90 million worth of real estate spread across the U.S. Her estate portfolio includes the following:
- A condo in Nashville downtown worth $3 Million. Taylor bought this property at $2.5 million when she was only 20 years old.
- Massive estate in the Nashville Suburbs worth $2.5 Million. Taylor bought this property in 2011.
- An eight-bedroom, 11,000-square-foot home in Rhode Island worth $17.75 Million.
- She acquired a Los Angeles mansion worth $30 Million in September 2015. This home serves as her primary residence.
- 10-bedroom Penthouse worth 20 million in Tribeca, New York City, that Taylor bought in 2014.
- A four-story Penthouse in New York, Manhattan, worth $12.5 million that she bought in 2018.
- Another condo worth 10 million in New York that she bought in 2018.
- A seven-bedroom home with Ocean views in Hyannis port, Massachusetts, worth $4.9 Million. Taylor bought this property in 2010 after the original sale price of $13.4 million was scaled down to $4.9 million.
Taylor has a somewhat modest yet admirable stance on cars compared to other celebrities. Some of the cars she owns include:
- Audi R8 worth $200,000
- Pink Chevrolet Silverado worth $20,000
- Porsche 911 Turbo worth $149,000 to $200,000
- Mercedes-Benz Viano worth $279,000
- Toyota Sequoia worth $50,000
- Nissan Qashqai worth $44,000
Donations and Charities
Yet another noble thing about Taylor Swift is that she spares no coin if it means helping someone and extending her generosity. Some of the huge donations she has made recently include:
- A $50,000 donation in March 2021 to a mother of five, Vickie Quarles, whose husband died of COVID-19.
- A $13,000 donation to two mothers’ GoFundMe pages because they were behind on rent in the thick of COVID-19.
- A $3,000 gift donation in March 2020 to a fan during the Coronavirus pandemic
- A $1 Million donation in March 2020 towards relief efforts after a Tornado hit Nashville, Tennessee.
- A $10,000 donation in September 2019 to help cover the medical bills of a 16-year-old fan, Trinity Foster, battling stage four osteosarcoma.
- A $10,000 donation in October 2018 to a boy that Taylor met who had Autism and needed a service dog.
- A $250,000 donation in Feb 2016 to Kesha, a fellow artist experiencing legal issues with her producer.
- A $50,000 donation in February 2015 to New York City schools. This was money from the proceeds of her single.
- $70,000 worth of books donated during her ‘Speak Now’ tour to a public library in her hometown of Pennsylvania in October 2011.
Taylor has made countless other donations without making the amount public. Above is only a glimpse of what she’s been able to do to give back during her music career.
How Taylor Swift Got On This Path
Taylor Was born in West Reading, Pennsylvania, in December 1989 and was named after James Taylor, a revered singer then. They lived on an 11-acre farm for a while but shortly after relocated with her parents to Hendersonville, Tennessee, to seriously pursue her singing career near the music capital Nashville.
Taylor Swift’s parents have made a name for themselves in the Finance sector, which could explain the star’s vast capabilities to negotiate deals and invest her time and money wisely. This solid foundation is what Taylor built on from childhood, exhibiting mind-blowing drive and discipline even when performing in local shows and events as a pre-teen.
After signing with Big Machine Records in 2006, she became an instant sensation, with most of her songs making it to and performing surprisingly well on the US Billboard 200 and US Country Music charts. Here’s a brief look at Taylor’s steady growth in her music career:
- 2003: A 13-year-old Taylor gets a development record deal and moves to Tennessee to pursue her music
- 2006: At 16 years, Taylor releases her first single ‘Tim McGraw’ under Sony Music. The song ranks tenth on Billboard 100.
- Early 2008: Taylor wins the Favorite Country Female Artist at the AMAs-American Music Awards, Best New Female Vocalist of the Year at the ACMs-Academy of Country Music Awards
- November 2008: Taylor releases her second Album Fearless
- Early 2009: Goes on tour following the success of her single, ‘You Belong With Me’
- August 2009: She wins a VMA for the ‘You Belong With Me’ video beating Beyoncé and Kanye West, makes a scene on stage
- February 2010: Taylor wins four Grammy awards and makes her film debut in her first film, Valentine’s Day
- August 2010: Taylor releases ‘Speak Now’ her third Album, which debuts and becomes number one on the Billboard charts.
- August 2012: She releases ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.’ The song makes it to the Guinness book of world records for the fastest-selling digital single
- August 2013: Taylor wins best female video at the MTV VMAs
- October 2014: Taylor releases ‘1989,’ her best-performing Album, whose lead single ‘Shake It Off' debuts at number one.
- February 2016: Taylor wins the first female artist ever to win the Grammy for Album of the Year twice
- August 2017: Taylor returns from her hiatus and releases ‘Look What You Made Me Do,’ a song that spreads like wildfire
Taylor has consistently produced good music that her fans know by heart and sing along to word for word. She has won many Grammys and earned various prestigious awards thanks to her remarkable gift and sheer dedication.
Decades later, she continues to win the hearts of many across the globe, attracting a massive following and building mind-blowing wealth. Taylor’s net worth today has hit the 427-million-dollar mark and is set to rise higher as she organizes more tours and releases good music.
Music Career Progression
Taylor is a sensational female pop singer who immediately released her first self-titled studio single dubbed ‘Tim McGraw’ upon signing with Big Machine Records. The song earned Taylor the number one post on the US County Music Chart and the number five place on the US Billboard 200 Chart.
The Album preceding her best-performing song had two other hit singles, ‘Should've Said No’ and ‘Our Song,’ which led to the Album being certified Platinum a whopping four times.
Her second album ‘Fearless’ released in 2008, emerged top of the charts in the US, Canada, and New Zealand. The Album blessed the fans with top hit singles like ‘You Belong with Me’ and ‘Love Story.’ The Album was certified Platinum six times in America and four other countries.
In her steady music career, Taylor hasn’t missed a beat releasing many albums, including:
- Taylor Swift-2006
- Speak Now-2010
Taylor Swift has earned 10 Grammy Awards, 23 American Music Awards, and 23 Billboard Music Awards. She has also featured and performed on stage with other famous artists like Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Faith Hill, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, and John Mayer.
In her quest to try her hand on the big screens, Taylor Swift has also made several film and TV appearances on shows like ‘Dateline NBC’ and ‘Saturday Night Live.’ ‘CSI-Crime Scene Investigation,’ ‘Hanna Montana-The Movie,’ and ‘Valentine's Day.’ She has also been featured in numerous publications, including Teen Vogue, Rolling Stone, and Seventeen.
Some of Taylor’s notable career highlights include:
- Grammy Awards (2008, 2012, 2013, 2016)
- Artist of the year- Academy for Country Music (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
- Top Country Artist- Billboard Music Awards (2009, 2013)
- Woman of the year- Billboard Women in Music Awards (2011, 2014)
- Top Artist-Billboard Music Awards (2012, 2014)
- International artist of the year-BBM Music Awards (2015)
In addition to the above, yet another must-mention highlight in Taylor Swift’s career is her Guinness World Record recognitions, including:
- The Most No.1s On The US Digital Song Sales Chart
- The Most Viewed VEVO Video in 24 Hours
- The Most Simultaneous U.S. Hot 100 Entries by A Female
- The Fastest-Selling Digital Album in The USA by A Female Artist
- The Most Album-of-the-Year Awards Won at The Grammys by A Vocalist
- The Fastest-Selling Album in The U.S. by A Female Country Artist
- The Most Singles (Seven) Debuting in The Top 10 Of The Hot 100
Taylor Swift has broken numerous World Guinness Records, but the few listed above were the most shocking.
Taylor Swift’s Net Worth, Final Thoughts
Taylor’s album sales, brand deals and endorsements, real estate investments, songwriting royalties, merchandising, and local and world tours add up to a staggering amount that will have her rich, now and in the future. Taylor Swift’s Net worth is currently estimated at $427 million.
P.S. Remember though, none of what you've learned will matter if you don't know how to get your music out there and earn from it. Want to learn how to do that? Then get our free ‘5 Steps To Profitable Youtube Music Career' ebook emailed directly to you!